24 March 2011

I work from home. I practice at home. I relax at home. I pretty much do everything from the confines of these walls. Yesterday, a friend took to teasing me about my hermit-aspiring ways.

Ah-ha! Maybe I need to get out.

Michael Stone, during a class on the precepts, mentioned a koan or quote about "practicing in the light". Taking your practice from the dark of your person/home/private experience and bringing it out into the community. With this as my inspiration (armed with the new-coming Spring), I have decided to participate in Moksha Yoga's seven-week challenge. My goal? To practice in the light. To not only sit on my zafu or unroll my yoga mat on the kitchen floor, but to go out and practice with people.

I'll keep you posted on the how the challenge goes . . . And if you're interested in participating as well (like my wifey!!!!!), check out this link: www.mokshayoga.ca/lym.htm

No comments: